Job Title: Senior Planner (11270, Grade H)
Company/Organization: The Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission
Salary: $49,941.00 – $85, 458.00
Position Description: The Montgomery County Planning Department, a premier planning agency, is seeking an individual to participate in a full range of land use and environmental planning activities applied to the suburban and urban areas in Montgomery County, MD. The selected candidate will be required to review development plans, assist master plan efforts, evaluate the need for public facilities, and recommend best land uses and solutions. The successful candidate will possess research and analytical abilities, be able to clearly organize information, know and understand best practices in land use planning, review regulatory requirements, apply appropriate federal, state and county codes and prepare written technical reports. The ability to present to citizen groups and public officials is essential. This position requires strong communication skills.
- Reviewing development applications for completion and providing comments to applicants for forest conservation exemptions, natural resources inventories/forest stand delineations (NRI/FSD), and forest conservation plans;
- Perform comprehensive environmental review of development applications including special exceptions, zoning amendments and mandatory referrals for conformance with forest conservation law and regulations, environmental guidelines;
- Coordinate with appropriate local, state, and/or federal agencies on issues of potential conflict in plan recommendations prior to benchmark meetings;
- Prepare staff reports for development applications including special exceptions, mandatory referral, and zoning amendments and present staff recommendations to the Planning Board in a public session;
- Prepare analysis of existing environmental conditions, tree canopy, imperviousness and carbon footprint for master plan amendments;
- Negotiate with developers and other agencies in accordance with parameters provided by the Planning Department;
- Develop recommendations that are feasible, implementable, and consider natural resources of interest, within the framework of master plan and zoning standards, environmental guidelines and regulations, and other relevant codes and regulations.
Contact Info/How to Apply: http://www.mncppc.org/jobs