Job Title: Senior Supervising Planner
Company/Organization: WSP/Parsons Brinckerhoff
Contact Info/How to Apply: Job Posting
Position Description: WSP/Parsons Brinckerhoff is currently seeking a unique planning talent to fill our Senior Supervising Transportation Planner position in our Washington, DC office. As an integral, senior planning manager, this person will interact regularly with the northeastern transportation team serving Planning, Environment and Traffic markets. As such, you will interact regularly with the other senior managers in the northeast and work with a team of over 130 professionals collaborating across geographies and disciplines throughout the northeast, the U.S. and the firm worldwide.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity can multi-task a wide array of projects and assignments, is a problem solver who combines strong analytical skills, excellence in communicating, and the ability to master new concepts quickly, with attention to detail and devoted to the delivery of high quality work. This candidate is a motivated self-starter with a demonstrated interest in transit planning and is ready to join a dynamic fast paced multidisciplinary planning team serving the northeast U.S. This person thinks creatively and critically about innovative approaches to transportation and transit planning, the mobility of people and goods, and the effects on land use in the Washington D.C. metro area.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be expected to help grow our DC metropolitan transit practice and develop/manage staff involved with the planning of transit services and facilities. As such, the individual will:
– Serve as the key transit lead within PB’s Washington D.C. metro area planning team
– Work with the planning team to grow the transit team and supervise professionals and technicians throughout projects to complete project documents/plans on schedule
– Support the professional development of staff with transit planning skills and interests and serve as an effective client manager and transit industry leader in Greater Washington
– Function successfully across multiple disciplines in project management, task management, and in managing proposal pursuits.
-Transit planning specific services required of this position will range from corridor and station area planning to Bus Rapid Transit and Streetcar to other various innovative transit alternatives. Other responsibilities include:
– Collaborating with the technical leaders in the DC office and the region
– Leading transit business development and promotional activities
– Working with transit clients and agencies to identify and develop pursuits
– Preparing scopes and fee estimates and negotiating with clients
– Defining scope of project, with full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating transit planning projects
– Monitoring work progress and managing projects for budget compliance, deadlines and quality control
– Hiring, mentoring and developing transit technical staff
– Managing project schedules, budgets and staff
– Coordinating preparation of technical reports and project deliverables
– Providing periodic project status reports