Job Title: Economic Development Manager
Company/Organization: Golden Triangle Business Improvement District
Contact Info/How to Apply: contact Leslie Ribakow (email@example.com) at Arthur Diamond
The Economic Development Manager will be responsible for managing economic development activities for the Golden Triangle with an emphasis on retail recruitment and retention. The Golden Triangle BID serves as a resource for research, analysis, and outreach for the real estate and retail industries. In addition to research and analysis the Economic Development Manager will be seeking out and recruiting targeted office tenants, retailers, and restaurant operators for the Golden Triangle. The Economic Development Manager must be a tenacious self-starter with the ability to plan and act strategically. The Economic Development Manager will build relationships with prospective tenants, brokers and landlords and match new tenants with appropriate spaces. The Economic Development Manager will be trained on leasing vocabulary, prospecting and landlord relations.
– Executes a comprehensive program for member attraction and retention for retailers, restaurants, and key office tenants such as technology and healthcare related companies, in alignment with the BID’s strategic plan and retail strategy.
– Researches and provides regular updates on economic development issues including local real estate activity, office market and retail trends and new regulations.
– Develops and maintains demographic data to support efforts to attract retail, restaurant, and office tenants; contributes to the development of marketing material for the Golden Triangle.
– Works with brokers, city officials, and others to identify and attract prospective businesses and strategic uses for areas and spaces in the Golden Triangle.
– Aggressively prospects for and builds relationships with successful independent retail and restaurant operators throughout the region and national corporate firms and brands to introduce them to doing business in the Golden Triangle.
– Shares and sells the vision of a vibrant, retail and restaurant rich environment in the Golden Triangle to prospective retail and office tenants.
– Builds rapport with property owners and their real estate representatives; serve as point-of-contact between them and prospective tenants.
– Maintains databases of tenant prospects and properties/available spaces; provide details on characteristics of spaces to prospective tenants.