Job Title: Planner Coordinator
Company/Organization: Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
Salary: $56,559.00 – $96,970.00
Contact Info/How to Apply: www.mncppc.org/jobs
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Prince George’s County Planning Department is seeking an experienced planner to join the Community Planning Division as a Planner Coordinator. The Division is responsible for preparing and implementing master and sector plans and special studies in collaboration with diverse stakeholders and levels of government. The position provides leadership and coordination on dynamic master and sector plan projects and studies that involve team management and coordination with other department staff, County agencies, community groups, and other key stakeholders to complete a project. The position receives independent work assignments and uses their expertise to contribute to other project or work teams. The Planner Coordinator plays an important role in planning activities to achieve sustainable, mixed-use, walkable and bike-able communities in the County.
The successful candidate must possess professional experience in leading the preparation of community plans and studies and project and team management; be knowledgeable about public outreach and engagement techniques, land use and zoning best practices, urban design and project management; and be motivated, team oriented, and skilled in working in a diverse, innovative planning environment. Experience working with municipalities, development review committees, and in older established communities is desirable. The position provides the following opportunities:
• Work in a multi-cultural community adjacent to the nation’s capital;
• Plan urban, suburban, rural, and regional environments;
• Work with all levels of government: municipal, county, state, regional, and federal including on plan implementation activities;
• Participate in the rewrite of the zoning and subdivision ordinances to achieve land use objectives and recommendations in approved plans;
• Contribute to a diverse work program.