Job Title: Chief of Housing Programs
Company/Organization: City of Rockville
Salary: $79,734 – $127,575
Contact Info/How to Apply: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rockville/jobs/1247709/chief-of-housing-programs
This position is responsible for performing difficult professional and administrative work involving systems, programs and policy development, monitoring and implementation. The incumbent works proactively with policy and program development, legislative liaison and compliance, research, analysis, grant applications, advising and counseling, providing technical and other support, etc. The work is subject to general policy direction, practices and procedures, covered by precedents and general supervisory review by either the Department Director or a Division head. The incumbent must participate with others (both within and outside the Department) in program and project development and service delivery.
Examples of Duties:
- Researches and identifies new procedures, practices and processes that enhances the City’s ability to adequately address changing demographics, housing availability, and economic activities
- Conducts and participates in meetings with City staff, other governmental organizations, community groups, and citizens to address diverse issues.
- Provides technical support to the Director and senior managers in the development of Department policies, procedures, systems, rules, regulations, etc., including long-range planning related to the Housing Element of the Comprehensive Master Plan.
- Manages the MPDU program by developing program procedures, addressing implementation challenges, assisting with establishing MPDU Agreements/Covenants, and monitoring program performance.
- Recommends policy changes to the Moderately Priced Dwelling Unit Program and is responsible for managing changes to the city code and regulations for the program.
- Manages the City’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, including the grant application process, subgrantee selection, expenditure of funds, and program performance.
- Assists Rehabilitation Specialist in administering the Single Family Rehabilitation program by approving applicant eligibility, reviewing program participant contracts, authorizing submission of purchase orders requests, and addressing difficult cases/situations.
- Assists the CPDS Administrator to administer the MPDU program and CDBG funds and subgrants.
- Supervises the Rehabilitation Specialist and CPDS Administrator.
- Assists the Director and senior managers in assembling, monitoring and managing the Department’s budget.
- Monitor grant opportunities and complete grant applications.
- Identifies, analyzes, explores and pursues grants and other financial resources in which might benefit the City’s housing programs. Recommends actions to be taken on these items based on a variety of standards and sound principles of public and business administration.
- Provides information to City staff, City boards and commissions, the City housing authority, Montgomery County housing staff as well as community groups and organizations.
- Performs other duties as required.