Job Title: Senior Planner
Company/Organization: Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
Salary: $50,815.00 – $86,954.00
Contact Info/How to Apply: http://www.mncppc.org/jobs
The Montgomery County Planning Department, a premier planning agency, seeks two Senior Planners to participate in a full range of planning activities applied to the suburban and urban areas in Montgomery County, MD. The selected candidates will be required to assist or lead master plan efforts, assess the impact of development proposals, evaluate proposed public facilities, and recommend best land uses and zoning.
The successful candidates will possess research and analytical abilities, be able to clearly organize and communicate information, know and understand best practices in land use planning, review regulatory requirements, apply appropriate federal, state and county codes and prepare written technical reports. The ability to present to citizen groups and public officials is essential. This position requires strong written and oral communication skills. Experience with GIS is desirable.
Examples of Important Duties:
– Lead the development of comprehensive and small area master plans.
– Conduct community outreach.
– Review subdivision and site plans.
– Interpret and apply codes and regulations.
– Develop and conduct research projects that identify trends and problems.
– Ensure compliance with development regulations and improve development quality.
– Coordinate development activities with representatives from other agencies.
– Prepare technical reports.
– Deliver presentations to the Planning Board, County Council, Hearing Examiner, and community groups.
– Review and analyze proposed public facilities.