Job Title: Director, Advisory Services
Company/Organization: Urban Land Institute
Contact Info/How to Apply: www.uli.org
The Director, Advisory Services, will undertake and complete projects and programs for the Advisory Services Program and other Content Programs. The Director’s responsibilities for the Advisory Services Program include recruiting panelists, staffing panel assignments on site, writing and editing reports, organizing project analysis sessions, and assisting in other day-to-day activities of the programs. For the Content Programs, the Director will provide support on specialized Content projects as needed and directed.
This is a full-time, exempt position, located in Washington, D.C.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Managing individual Advisory Services assignments.
• Recruiting panelists to participate in panels.
• Staffing Advisory Services assignments on site. Working with the panel chair to carry out the assignment and assist, as needed, in writing the report.
• Substantively editing reports and other Advisory Services products and assisting in the production of the reports.
• Acting as project manager in the AS Marketing Video initiative.
• Acting as project manager in the AS selected grant initiative.
• Acting as project manager for updating AS Panel Guidebook.
• Working with district councils that are implementing the program to ensure that it is consistent with the goals and objectives of the Advisory Services Program.
• Assisting in marketing panels.
• Writing articles for ULI publications and participating in other research, education, and publications projects on an occasional basis.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public administration, or real estate development or comparable experience. Master’s degree in urban planning, public administration, or real estate development desired.
• 6 years’ experience in public and/or private land use planning and real estate development.
• Demonstrated experience in writing, editing, and producing reports.
• Knowledge of the public and private planning and development process, municipal government, real estate market issues, public utilities and transportation, housing, urban design, sustainable development, and similar subjects.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• The ability to work on several projects at once.
• Knowledge of and ability to manage graphics and report production preferred. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
To apply, please submit your letter of interest and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director, Advisory Services.” No phone calls, please. EOE/m/f/d/v